This tutorial assumes you've already launched Outlook 2010 or 2013.
1) To configure a POP email account with SSL, first click the "File" tab.
2) Then click The "Add Account" button.
3) Enter your name as you would like it to appear in your emails.
4) Then enter the email address you want to configure here. This HAS to be the email address you login with. Nothing else
5) Enter and confirm the email account's password.
6) Click here to manually configure your mail server settings.
7) Then click "Next".
8) Ensure the "Internet E-mail" option is selected, then click "Next" again:
Next we have to configure our server settings.
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming Server: mail.helpinghost.com
- Outgoing Server: mail.helpinghost.com
- Username: your COMPLETE email address
- Password: your email address password.
12) Then click the "More Settings" button.
13) Click the "Outgoing Server" tab.
14) Ensure that "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" is checked as well as "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
15) Click the "Advanced" tab.
- Choose SSL for "Type of encrypted connection" for BOTH incoming and outgoing Server.
- Note that by doing so the port number changed to 995 for incoming, the default email port for SSL.
- make sure to enter 465 for the secure port number for OUTGOING Server.
- The picture below shows what it should look like when done:
19) Then click "OK".
20) Click "Next".
That's it! The email account has been added.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to configure a POP email account with SSL in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013.