Set up POP3 email on an Android or Google Nexus Phone
- If this is the first account you’re setting up on the Google Android device, tap Mail. Otherwise, from the Home screen choose “Mail > Menu > More > New Account…”
- By tapping the option at the bottom of the list, set the account type as “Other (POP3/IMAP)” and select “Manual Setup”
Then input the following information:
- Protocol - set to POP
- Email address - the e-mail address that you are going to be using (e.g. email@example.com)
- Username - This is the same as your email address.
- Password – The password you used when you created your email account, please note the password is case sensitive
- POP Server - mail.helpinghost.com
- Security Type- From the list of options, select TLS
- Server Port – Change port number to 995
Then click next:
- Check the “Login Required” tick box and then re-enter your user name and password (if not auto filled)
- SMTP Server -Type in mail.helpinghost.com
- Security Type- Select TLS from list of options
- Server Port – Change port number to 465
- Click next and then save your details.
- Your mail account is now ready for use.